Probe continues into multi-million dollar heist, Police Commissioner promises breakthrough
KINGSTON, Jamaica, Mar. 26, CMC – Police Commissioner Major General Antony Anderson says investigations are ongoing into last week’s multibillion dollar heist at an automated teller machine in the central parish of St. Catherine.
Speaking at a recent function in the Corporate Area, Anderson promised that the police will soon make a breakthrough in the armed robbery on March 19, that left five persons wounded, including four security guards and a licensed firearm holder.
According to Anderson, the suspects have been detained in relation to the incident, and “we should have some good breakthroughs in the near future.”
The Commissioner also signalled that changes are coming with regard to the handling of large amounts of cash by security guards.
He said there should be uniformity in the procedures for security guards who transport cash, and accordingly, members of the security industry will collectively develop new standards, which will then be further discussed with the police, who will then have “our own input into how the whole operation of movement of large amounts of cash is going to take place…”
He said the standards will also be discussed with the Jamaica Bankers Association, in order to ensure a common understanding and approach to the challenge.
We want to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com and follow @thejamaicastar on Instagram and on Twitter @JamaicaStar and on Facebook: @TheJamaicaStar, or on Whatsapp @ 876-550-2506.